Please review my pre-screening questions and considerations.
Thank you for taking the time!
1. Are you an adult living in NY and open to engaging in therapy over Zoom?
I am licensed to practice in NY and am therefore only able to work with NY residents. You must be physically located in NY. At the moment, I only work with adults (no children/teens, families, or couples). I am offering telehealth sessions until further notice.
My fee per 50-min session is $150.
If you plan on using insurance, I accept Aetna.
If you have out-of-network benefits provided by an insurance plan other than Aetna, you would pay in full at the session, and I would provide you with a form to submit to your plan for reimbursement.
3. Time commitment. Please consider carefully if you are able to commit to a regular weekly 50 min time slot. Remember to give me a 48 hour notice if you need to cancel or reschedule. You are responsible for the entire fee if cancellation is less than 48 hours.
4. Severe symptoms. If you experience conditions such as active psychosis, heavy substance use, mania, suicidality, or disordered eating, you likely require more intensive treatment than I can offer at this time.
5. Assessment phase. Please note that I consider the first several sessions an assessment phase. Some conditions might be outside the scope of my practice, and others might be inappropriate to address via telehealth. If at any time in our work together I determine that you would be better served by another clinician, I will provide you with appropriate referrals.
6. Therapy approach. I am trained in several different psychotherapy modalities, but I am currently working almost exclusively from an IFS-informed (Internal Family Systems) perspective due to its comprehensiveness and effectiveness. Here is a short video by Richard Schwartz, the founder of IFS, explaining the model.
7. ADHD testing. Please email me or use the form on this page to set up a testing appointment. If you have an insurance plan other than Cornell SHP, please make sure that your insurance will cover the testing before contacting me.
If none of these considerations prevent us from moving forward, the next step is to set up a 30 minute consultation session. During this initial session, I would like to get a general sense of what you are hoping to get help with and see if I could be of help.
To schedule a consultation for psychotherapy, please use the form on this page or email me at email@example.com